Bristol Autism Support is a small but ambitious voluntary organisation. We provide a lifeline of support and information for parents and carers of autistic children, either diagnosed or undiagnosed, in and around Bristol.
We are currently an Unincorporated Association, but expect to achieve registered charity status by the end of 2019.
What we need
Our current board of directors are also trustees of the organisation. To help us grow, we need experienced members of the public to join our Board of Trustees. We are particularly interested in recruiting members of our local community who have experience of caring for an autistic individual of any age, or are autistic themselves, and also one or more of the following skills:
- Expertise in marketing, PR or event management
- Experience of fundraising
- Financial management experience
- Strong writing ability, to write for our website and marketing materials
- Solid administrative experience
- General business experience
The Board is responsible for setting the strategy and future direction of Bristol Autism Support and guides and supports the Chief Executive.
When we need it
Board meetings will be held every two months in the IKEA café in Eastgate on Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
2019 Board Meetings
Additional time may be required to carry out specific work outlined in the meetings. This is expected to be no more than two hours per month. This work is not a requirement but would be useful.
This work could include things like:
- making phone calls to enquire about things needed, such as room hire
- completing forms for local token schemes
- carrying out small amounts of research
- attending other meetings, for example meetings with potential funders
All pre-approved expenses, including mileage to and from meetings, will be paid to trustees as reimbursement.
To find out more about joining the Board, please contact Kate Laine-Toner on 07825 616094 or email email@example.com. To apply directly, please download our Trustee Application Form.